.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Taking liberties since 1978

24.7.07

TED talks - Stefan Sagnmeister 2004

I love watching the talks from TED, so many interesting talks and concepts. There is something great about listening to really smart people discuss topics that interest them.

Stefan's talk was about happiness and the large part design had to play in his happiness through life.

Here is his list of life lessons, there are definitely a few in here that I could do with reminding myslef of every now and then.


Complaining is silly. Either act or forget.

Thinking life will be better in the future is stupid. I have to live now.

Being not truthful acts against me.

Helping others helps me.

Organising a charity group is surprisingly easy.

Everything I do always comes back to me.

Drugs feel great in the beginning and become a drag later on.

Over time I get used to everything and I start taking it for granted

Money does not make me happy

Travelling alone is helpful for new perspective on life

Assuming is stifling

Keeping a diary supports my personal development

Trying to look good limits my life

Worrying solves nothing

Material luxuries are best enjoyed in small doses

Having guts always works out for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home